This material is presented to ensure
timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work. Copyright
and all rights therein are retained by authors or by other
copyright holders. All persons copying this information are
expected to adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by
each author's copyright. In most cases, these works may not
be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
- Theoretical Foundations of Transform Coding
V. K. Goyal,
IEEE Signal Processing Mag., vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 9-21, Sept. 2001.
- Multiple Description Coding: Compression Meets the Network
V. K. Goyal,
IEEE Signal Processing Mag., vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 74-93, Sept. 2001.
- Winner of the 2002 IEEE Signal Processing Society Magazine Award
- Transform Coding
V. K. Goyal, in Wiley Encyclopedia of Telecommunications, J. G. Proakis, Ed., Wiley, 2002.
- Compressive Sampling and Lossy Compression
V. K. Goyal, A. K. Fletcher, and S. Rangan,
IEEE Signal Processing Mag., vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 48-56, March 2008.
- SFTI: Space-from-Time Imaging
A. Kirmani, A. Colaço, and V. K. Goyal, in
Emerging Technologies for 3D Video: Creation, Coding, Transmission and Rendering,
F. Dufaux, B. Pesquet-Popescu, and M. Cagnazzo, Ed., Wiley, 2013.
- Advances in Single-Photon Lidar for Autonomous Vehicles
J. Rapp, J. Tachella, Y. Altmann, S. McLaughlin, and V. K. Goyal,
IEEE Signal Processing Mag., vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 62-71, July 2020.
- Local Fidelity, Constrained Codes, and the Meru Prastara
L. R. Varshney,
IEEE Potentials, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 27-32, March/April 2008.
- Why do we perceive logarithmically?
L. R. Varshney and J. Z. Sun,
Significance, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 28-31, February 2013.
Conference, Symposium, and Workshop Papers